The United Pederson Service

 I was out on Friday delivering copies of my manuscript, The Theology of Wine.  We are going to print this summer, and I wanted to get a copy of what I have written to the folks that I have included in the book.  My first stop was St Innocent Winery (pictured above.)  I arrived around noon, and the fog was just beginning to lift off of the sloping vineyard.  As I was driving away I noticed that there was a boulevard between the rows of vines leading directly to the winery building.  I pulled my car onto the much-too-small shoulder and took some quick photos.  
 I also stopped by Preston Henry's farm.  I've used some of Preston's stories in the book and wanted to see if he'd read them yet (he hasn't!)  I also wanted to grab some shots of his hazelnut orchard.  The patterns of the trees are so beautiful, forming a cathedral arch as they gently slope downhill back towards the Henry's home.  I also dropped off a manuscript to Tahmiene Momtazi at Maysara Winery.  This vivacious, young woman has recently received some well deserved recognition for her wonderful wines.
 I haven't seen Tahmiene recently, and she is skinny!  She's been running lately and is looking very healthy.  I love to talk with Tahmiene, but don't seem to get up to see her very often.  We talked for so long that I didn't get any shots of their beautiful estate the photo above was shot earlier this year.
Our family was all gathered together last weekend.  It was a wonderful time of feasts and laughter.  Robin really wanted to get a family photograph while everyone was in the same place, so we had Theresa McKeegan come up with us to Coeur de Terre Vineyard to take some photos.  Theresa did such a great job.  In addition to the whole family she took a few individual shots as well.  I really like the one of Robin and me standing in front of the heart-shaped rock that gives Coeur de Terre its name.  
The Psalms tell us that wine was given to us in order that our hearts might be made glad.  It also tells us to enjoy our grandchildren.  Well our hearts are glad, and we are most assuredly enjoying our granddaughter!   Life is a wonderful blessing at this mid-point of our life, and I'm so excited to put The Theology of Wine together.  I hope it is a blessing to those who read it.